1. His relationship with Kitty Pryde
2. His kid sister, Illyana
3. Created by Lein Wien and Dave Cockrum
4. He is a Rasputin, and I’ve always been fascinated with the real Russian who worked for the Tsar. Such a fascinating character of history.
5. In the X-Men Forever universe, he was dating Natasha, the Black Widow.
6. He’s from Russia. If I had my way in high school, I would have taken a Russian Literature course instead of an English Literature course. He also adds to the diversity within the X-Men.
7. His friendship to Wolverine and Nightcrawler, though he is almost always the third wheel.
8. He fought Juggernaut to a stand still once
9. He was Juggerolossus for a moment
10. He died, in Uncanny 390, releasing the cure for the Legacy Virus, the disease that killed his sister in Uncanny 303. It was also quite the surprised at the end of the issue, probably couldn’t do that today. The issue would have came with at least three variant covers. Though now that I type that, Nightcrawler’s death did not come with various variants, if I remember currently.
11. He killed Harpoon for crippling Kitty during Mutant Massacre. It is still a badass moment. “Pray to whatever gods you have, little man”
12. Ultimate Colossus is gay, and that’s extremely fine by me. Ultimate Colossus, will go down as the best version of the character, and we have Mark Millar to thank for that.
13. He likes to paint.
14. He is a farmer.
15. In the House of M timeline, he never left the farm, though his sister did in a big bad way. Or at least, was farming in the present day. Did not quite memorize his profile in that House of M Handbook. If the world is predominately mutant, no reason to join a team and just use your skills to make a living.
16. He is one of the few (and maybe only) mutants to have worked on both Xavier’s side and Magneto’s side.
17. Besides the Outback era and the Uncanny issues prior to Kitty’s return from space, I pretty much own 75 percent of his appearances too, I’m sure of it. Plus the issues between 96 and 128, I also don’t own.
18. At Brian and Meggan’s wedding, he caught the garter and got to place it on Kitty’s leg. That’s something. I liked how they made a big “who saw that coming” comment in the issue.
Tried so hard to come up with two more things, for a nice round 20 but couldn’t do it.