Writer Peter David
Artist Scott Koblish
Colors Val Staples
Letterer VC’s Joe Sabino
Special Thanks to Raunak
Cover Dated March 2015
The previous issues, Deadpool has helped Loki lead a battle to Asgard. After conquering that realm, they came to Earth, which upsets Thor and all of the combined heroes.
I tried reading, Sun Tzu’s Art of War, but I just couldn’t get into it. Deadpool’s writing of the book, reveals to me that I’m still not ready to read it. Deadpool is having to rewrite the book, as he apparently killed Sun Tzu, in the past.
Onto the issue. Loki has brought some Orges to New York City and Loki, himself, is standing on a walking giant Whale. All the whale needs is a pair of overalls and it could have been Blow-Hole from The Tick.
- Deadpool’s Art of War – Chapter 10 : There are six problems that can arise for an army that extend from poor leadership. Flight, Insubordination, Collapse, Ruin, Disorganization, Rout.
The gathered heroes, including Magik (making her sole appearance, this issue), Cyclops, and Tempus, of the New Xavier School. From the Jean Grey Schook, Warren and Storm are representing. Invisible Woman, back when the Fantastic Four were wearing red and black costumes. It isn’t a bad look, but I didn’t recognize her until I saw Reed Richards in the same color scheme.
- Deadpool’s Art of War : There are six kinds of grounds to worry about : accessible, entangling,, narrow passes, temporizing, precipitous heights and great distance from the battle.
Deadpool is fighting Captain America, who is trying to calm Deadpool down. Deadpool is having to deal with making Loki all powerful and coming to Earth. Spider-Man successfully knocks Deadpool out.
Thor is leading the heroes of Asgard against Loki’s army.
- Deadpool’s Art of War, Chapter Eleven : There are nine varieties of ground : Dispersive, Facile, Contentious, Open, Intersecting Highways, Serious, Difficult, Hemmed-in, and Desperate.
Deadpool is back in the fight but isn’t doing so well.
There is an ad for Black Vortex, I can’t recommend it enough.
- Deadpool’s Art of War, Chapter Twelve : There are five ways to attack with fire – Burn soldiers in their camp / burn their stores / burn their baggage / burn their weaponry / drop fire among them
Deadpool writers this as Human Torch is fighting off some ogres but is taken out. Namor saves him before he can hit the ground.
- Deadpool’s Art of War, Chapter Thirteen : Raising a hundred thousand men for battle can be a drain.
Reed, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Thing, Hulk, Iron Man, Storm, Beast, Jean Grey, Scott Summers and Wolverine are fighting a horde.
Thor and Loki are fighting, Thor goes down a moment. Deadpool, with swords, comes at Loki. Thor gets back up, grabs Mjolnir and strikes down lightning onto Loki – taking him out of the fight, for good.
Later, Deadpool is trying to sell his book. The first publisher laughs him out of her office. He takes it to Marvel and editor, Jordan D. White (who likes to put himself into comics, as he is in Deadpool Volume Three Issue 45 / 250). White recommends they get Peter David to write it, which he will later do.